Position Open: Executive Director/Campus Minister
August 2, 2017
Position open 7/10/17: Executive Director/Campus Minister at Wesley Foundation at
UW Seattle. The Executive Director/Campus Minister is responsible for developing a
supportive, Christian community where students can feel free to engage in open
discussion of questions of faith, vocation, and issues of social justice.
Full details below. Please share with any or all that you think might be good for this position!
Wesley Foundation at the University of Washington
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR/CAMPUS MINISTER for Wesley Club
Work location: 1414 NE 42 nd St, Suite 202
Seattle, WA 98105
Salary with Benefits: $50,000 – $65,000 DOE
OPEN: July 10, 2017 until filled
Who may apply: This full-time, exempt position is open to all qualified candidates.
Where to send resume: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Executive Director/Campus Minister is responsible for developing a supportive,
Christian community where students can feel free to engage in open discussion of
questions of faith, vocation, and issues of social justice.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Personal Interest and commitment to helping college age young adults to grow in their
Christian faithfulness and to integrate that growth with their academic life and personal
- Reach out to students on campus, connect with those who attend Sunday worship at
University Temple UMC and Wallingford UMC, and make contact with students who are
related through the conference-wide United Methodist connection.
- Assess student spiritual needs and leadership potential and implement an array of
supportive programs, activities, and events to meet those needs.
- Identify, hire, train, and supervise suitable personnel in consultation and with, and
approval of the Board.
- Serve as ex-officio member of the Executive, Finance, and Nominating committees of
the Board, and other ad hoc committees as developed by the Board.
- Serve as liaison between the Wesley Foundation and the Wesley Club alumni.
- Communicate to the Board of Directors student needs and trends and provide input to
establish goals for personnel, the ministry, and the Board.
- Work cooperatively with the Pastor of University Temple UMC to assure coordination of
- Cultivate relationships with other churches, ministries, and UW staff/faculty in the UW
- Cooperate with other campus religious groups, especially those concerned with issues
of social justice, peace-making, and community service engagement.
- Serve as a member of the Board of Higher Education and Campus Ministry of the
Pacific Northwest Annual Conference.
- Work with the Board to recruit, train, and oversee Volunteers to assist with Wesley
administrative functions, fundraising, Board recruitment and development, social media
presence, and upkeep of physical program space.
Wesley Foundation Board of Directors. Liaison with nearby United Methodist Churches.
- Master of Divinity, or other relevant theological training
- Experience with campus ministry
- Experience engaging students from non-United Methodist and non-church backgrounds
- Skilled in organizing, leading and facilitating group discussions and staff training
- Experience in program planning, especially as it relates to young adults.
- Proven experience working with diverse populations.
- Proven success managing a program spending account.
- Experience in developing leadership skills in young adults.
- Demonstrated success in building positive relationships with young adults, and handling mental health crises with young adults in the university setting
- Experience working with Boards in board development and fundraising
- Skill in building relationships with alumni, donors, and volunteers
- Knowledge of Little Green Light or any other CRM/donor database.
Necessary Special Requirements:
- Valid Washington State driver’s license and the ability to transport students to other locations such as for retreats and social justice opportunities.
- The selected candidate must pass through a State background check.